Mastereditor Jerry Ewing has asked all good people to list their ten favorite prog albums of all time and submit them to PROG by July 4. Jerry, I assume is thinking about the American founding. Ha. Well, probably not.
So, all time? Back to Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys? Without giving any real thought to the parameters, I jotted down my favorite albums. I followed only three rules: no duplication of bands; listing them in alphabetical order; and writing down what immediately came to my mind.
So, please consider this tentative at best. And, of course, subject to revision.
For Jerry Ewing: My Top (10) Prog Albums—EVER.
- Ayreon, Universal Migrator
- BBT, EEFP
- Cosmograf, Capacitor
- Flower Kings, Space Revolver
- Gazpacho, Night
- Genesis, Selling England by the Pound
- Glass Hammer, Inconsolable Secret
- Kansas, Leftoverture
- Nosound, Lightdark
- Porcupine Tree, Fear of a Blank Planet
- Riverside, Second Life Syndrome
- Rush, 2112
- Talk Talk, Spirit of Eden
- The Reasoning, Dark Angel
- The Tangent, Down and Out in Paris
- Yes, Close to the Edge