I had no idea this was forthcoming, Steven Wilson mixing Yes’s most misunderstood masterpiece, TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS. The following is from Burning Shed:
The ultimate way to enjoy Yes’s most controversial album!
The towering Tales From Topographic Oceans is the fifth in a series of remixed and expanded Yes albums.
Presented in a 2 x mini vinyl replica gatefold card sleeves in a slipcase with booklet featuring new sleeve notes by Sid Smith along with rare photos and archive material, the album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters and is fully approved by Yes.
The 3 CDs feature a 2016 mix of the album by Steven Wilson plus an alternative extended Dance of the Dawn (mixed from multi-track by SW) and 5 single edits. The CDs also include a complete alt. album with High The Memory (unreleased studio run-through) and Ritual (live in Zurich, April 1974) – fully restored audio from original sources.
The booklet includes elements of new interviews with Jon Anderson, Steve Howe and Alan White.
The blu-ray (Region 0, NTSC) features:
– 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Surround (24bit/96khz) mixed from the original multi-channel recordings.
– the new stereo album mix in DTS-HD Master Audio (24bit/96khz).
– the original album mix in a DTS-HD Master Audio flat transfers from the original master tape source. (24bit/192khz). We believe this is the earliest master of the original mix to be issued in the digital era. (This master was also used for the original stereo on the CDs).
– full alt. album featuring: sides 1 and 3 from the 2003 Rhino CD, previously unreleased studio run-through of Side 2 and previously unreleased live version of Side 4.
– exclusive needle-drop of an original UK vinyl pressing transferred in 24bit/96khz audio and US branded promo pressing.
– exclusive instrumental versions of all new mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio stereo (24bit/96khz).
– 2016 stereo and 5.1 remix of Dance of the Dawn plus 5 single edits (stereo only) all mixed from multi-track by Steven Wilson.
Original artwork expanded, restored and approved by Roger Dean.
“I worked on and off for about 3 years on this new mix in my quest to do it justice. I hope it will satisfy the people who agree with me that it may just be Yes’s pre-eminent masterpiece.” Steven Wilson
Pre-order for 26th September release.