I wish I could follow Rush on tour all summer long and see every single live show.
That’s because on every night they mix it up and play different songs!
Check out the set list chronicles over at Cygnus X-1 and you can see the interesting variations to date:
R40 Live 40th Anniversary Tour Set List Notes
 – Clockwork Angels – played on May 8th, 12th, and 14th [performed after The Anarchist on the 12th and 14th]
 – The Anarchist – played each night however opened the show on May 10th, 12th, 14th, and 16th
 – The Wreckers – played on May 10th and 16th
 – One Little Victory – played on May 8th, 12th, and 14th
 – How It Is – played on May 10th and 16th
 – Distant Early Warning – played on May 8th, 12th, and 14th
 – Between the Wheels – played on May 10th and 16th
 – Red Barchetta – played on May 8th and 14th
 – The Camera Eye – played on May 10th and 16th
 – YYZ – played on May 12th
 – Natural Science – played on May 12th
If I were to compile a wish list for their Vancouver stop this summer, here’s what I would hope for based on the apparent options implied by the above data:
Between  and , it’s a tough call, but I would pick .
Between  and , I would choose  without hesitation. (I never thought  was much of a song.)
Between  and , don’t ask me to choose!!! But if forced to, I would pick  because it wasn’t a video single whereas  was. (This would be an instance of invoking the “pick the more rarely performed song” rule.)
Between  and  and , don’t ask me to choose!!! But, if forced to, perhaps I would pick , by the “pick the more rarely performed song” rule.
Yet if  is picked, does that mean  also comes with it? I am unclear on whether  replaces “Jacob’s Ladder” on those evenings when  is played. The set list chronicles do not note this switch, but is that an oversight?