To say that I was obsessed with rock during my high school years would be a gross understatement. Then, again, I was pretty much either obsessed with whatever I was doing (listening to music, playing DnD, debating, hanging out with friends) or I wasn’t doing it. Anyway, over at Facebook, a lot of folks are posting their favorite high school albums. Here are mine. Narrowing it to fifteen was really tough, as I would’ve preferred to have added more Rush, some Jethro Tull, some Kansas, some Pink Floyd, more Genesis, more Tangerine Dream, and more Yes.
Still, I think this is a pretty accurate list. I also tried to be honest. As such, I’ve really not listened to Oingo Boingo, the Police, or The Tubes anymore.
My 15 favorite high school (1982-1986) albums.
- ABC, THE LEXICON OF LOVE
- Genesis ABACAB
- Genesis, DUKE
- Oingo Boingo, DEAD MAN’S PARTY
- Police, SYNCHRONICITY
- Rush, GRACE UNDER PRESSURE
- Rush, MOVING PICTURES
- Rush, SIGNALS
- Tangerine Dream, FORCE MAJEURE
- Tears for Fears, SONGS FROM THE BIG CHAIR
- Thomas Dolby, GOLDEN AGE OF WIRELESS
- Tubes, COMPLETION BACKWARDS PRINCIPLE
- Wang Chung, TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA (soundtrack)
- Yes, 90125
- Yes, YESSONGS