STEVEN WILSON WEAVES CHILLING MUSICAL TALE WITH HAND. CANNOT. ERASE.
Album Available March 3, 2015 – North American Tour Begins May 21
(January 7, 2015) – Groundbreaking songwriter, four-time Grammy-nominated artist, multi-instrumentalist and producer, Steven Wilson, is set to release his fourth solo album,
Hand. Cannot. Erase. (Kscope) on March 3, 2015. Hand. Cannot. Erase. will be available at retailers nationwide and digitallywith a limited deluxe edition for pre-order via Kscope (http://bit.ly/1DhHN6c). Wilson and his band will embark on a tour through the UK and Europe in March and April 2015, then head to North America dedicating much of the summer beginning on May 21 in Albany – itinerary below.
This latest collection from the prolific song-writer is a dynamic 11-song conceptual set, bringing together diverse aspects of his expansive sonic history. Recorded in September 2014 at AIR Studios London, Hand. Cannot. Erase. features the guitar-driven power, infectious melodies, and progressive sensibility of Wilson’s sprawling body of work.
Wilson describes the collection as inspired by a news story, of a woman who died in her apartment and went undiscovered for three years. “The basic concept of the record – it’s about a woman growing up, who goes to live in the city, very isolated, and she disappears one day and no one notices. Now, your initial reaction when you hear a story like that is, ‘Ah, little old bag lady that no one notices; no one cares about.’ But she was young; she was popular; she was attractive; she had many friends; she had family, but for whatever reason, nobody missed her for three years.” The dramatic theme of Hand. Cannot. Erase. is punctuated with moments of rhythmic urgency, somber introspection, and soaring beauty. Fans are invited to follow the blog entries at http://Handcannoterase.com.
- “First Regret”
- “3 Years Older“
- “Hand Cannot Erase”
- “Perfect Life”
- “Home Invasion”
- “Regret #9”
- “Happy Returns”
- “Ascendant Here On…”
Best known as founder and front man of British rock act Porcupine Tree, Wilson has produced and collaborated with diverse acts as Opeth, Blackfield, Yes, Roxy Music, and XTC. His prolific engineering work can be heard on his mixes of classic releases from King Crimson, Jethro Tull, and most recently the 5.1 surround sound version of Tears For Fears’ classic Songs From The Big Chair reissue, released in November 2014. Porcupine Tree’s last album went top 30 in both the UK and USA, and the tour climaxed with sold out shows at Royal Albert Hall in London and Radio City Music Hall in New York.
Following the release of his critically acclaimed 2012 release, The Raven That Refused to Sing, Wilson set out on a world tour, having assembled a virtuoso band – Marco Minnemann (drums), Nick Beggs (bass), Theo Travis (flute and sax), Adam Holzman (keys) and Guthrie Govan (guitar). His latest studio creation completed, the cinematic Hand. Cannot. Erase.features dynamic performances by Wilson, his touring ensemble, and vocal accompaniment from Ninet Tayeb.
- Thursday, May 21 Albany, NY The Egg
- Friday, May 22 Boston, MA Berklee Performance Center
- Saturday, May 23 Harrisburg, PA The Whitaker
- Tuesday, May 26 Washington, DC 930 Club
- Thursday, May 28 Philadelphia, PA Keswick Theater
- Friday, May 29 New York, NY Best Buy Theater
- Saturday, May 30 New York, NY Best Buy Theater
- Thursday, June 04 Chicago, IL Park West
- Friday, June 05 Chicago, IL Park West
- Saturday, June 06 Madison, WI Barrymore Theater
- Tuesday, June 09 Denver, CO Boulder Theater
- Friday, June 12 Anaheim, CA The Grove
- Saturday, June 13 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
- Sunday, June 14 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
- Tuesday, June 16 Portland, OR Aladdin Theater
- Wednesday, June 17 Seattle, WA Neptune Theater
- Friday, June 26 Toronto The Danforth Music Hall Canada
- Saturday, June 27 Montréal Montréal Jazz Festival Canada