The next David Bowie box set, A New Career in a New Town, is coming on September 29. This one covers 1977-1982 (Bowie’s last years on the RCA label), including the “Berlin Trilogy” and other notable collaborations with prog rockers. Contents on 11 CDs or 13 LPs:
- Low (with Brian Eno)
- Heroes (with Eno and Robert Fripp). A EP of foreign-language versions of the title track is also included.
- Stage (with the pre-King Crimson Adrian Belew and Roger Powell of Utopia in Bowie’s live band) in 2 versions: the original album and the 2005 version (with songs in the concert running order & bonus tracks, including 2 new ones).
- Lodger (with Eno, Belew and Powell ) in 2 versions: the original album and a new remix by Tony Visconti (exclusive to the box).
- Scary Monsters (with Fripp).
- A new exclusive compilation, Re:Call 3, which includes singles, B-sides, extended versions, and Bowie’s collaborations with Bing Crosby and Queen.
This is my favorite period of Bowie, so I’m genuinely excited for this release. Lots more details and a price tracker at Paul Sinclair’s marvelous Super Deluxe Edition website.