Back on March 20, Bandcamp waived its share of all sales, in order to support artists whose livelihoods were effected by the COVID-19 pandemic (especially because of cancelled live shows and tours). The results were astonishing: $4,300,000 in sales of downloads, CDs, LPs and merch, 15 times a normal Friday’s take.
So, to their credit, Bandcamp is doing it again. And again. And again.
On May 1, June 5, and July 3 (the first Friday of each month), we’re waiving our revenue share for all sales on Bandcamp, from midnight to midnight PDT on each day.
(Over 150 artists and labels are offering discounts, exclusive items, merch bundles, and more this Friday.)
It may sound simple, but the best way to help artists is with your direct financial support, and we hope you’ll join us through the coming months as we work to support artists in this challenging time.
And, in case you’re wondering, there’s tons of recorded goodness available at Bandcamp from these Progarchy-favored artists:
- The Bardic Depths (as well as the Birzer Bandana back catalog)
- Adrian Belew
- Big Big Train
- Peter Gabriel
- John Holden
- iamthemorning (plus solo albums from Gleb Kolyadin & Mariana Semkina)
- Dave Kerzner
- MoonJune Records (Stick Men, Soft Machine and lots more jazz, rock, fusion, etc.)
- Fernando Perdomo (the Out to Sea series and more)
- Porcupine Tree (delectable rarities that deserve their own article)
- Purple Pyramid (Todd Rundgren & Utopia, Hawkwind, Nektar, Martin Barre)
- Markus Reuter
- Stick Men
- Courtney Swain (Bent Knee vocalist/keyboardist)
- Tiger Moth Tales
- Andy Tillison and The Tangent
- and plenty more!
If your budget allows it, and you need a prog fix, why not do your shopping at Bandcamp this Friday?
— Rick Krueger